3rd Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference
Beyond Fire Behavior and Fuels: Learning from the Past to Help Guide Us in the Future
Red Lion Hotel at the Park – Spokane, Washington, USA, October 25-29, 2010
The International Association of Wildland Fire presents the 3rd Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference. This conference is co-sponsored by the Joint Fire Science Program and the Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center.
The first two IAWF Fire Behavior and Fuels Conferences held in 2006 (Portland, OR) and in 2007 (Destin, FL) presented valuable opportunities for sharing information about wildland fire globally. The third installment in this special series holds the same potential.
IAWF is committed to green conferences, click here for more information.
The 1910 fires in the Northern Rocky Mountains were a precedent setting event and have since had far-reaching implications on how the wildland fire community and society as a whole views and deals with wildland fires regionally, nationally and internationally. It seems only fitting that on the 100th anniversary of this historic event we reflect on lessons learned from the past, as we seek guidance on how to approach the future.
We will be seeking contributed oral and poster papers on virtually any aspect of wildland fire research and operational experiences related to the themes of this conference and the conference series in general. Contributions related to the physical, biological, and social sciences, as well as from the field of economics, are expected and encouraged.
What Can You Expect from this Conference?
A highly educational/engaging and entertaining week featuring selected keynote addresses, numerous plenary, concurrent, and poster presentations, several panel discussions, educational and training workshop opportunities, vendor exhibits/displays, and other special sessions (e.g., film festival, field trips).
Who Should Attend This Event?
We encourage participation of government and non-government staff at all levels, including:
- Fire and Land Managers
- Researchers and Scientists
- Resource Professionals and Specialists
- Fire Management Consultants
- Agency Fire Administrators
- Public Officials
- Academic Professors and Instructors
- University and College Students
- Members of the General Public
- Anyone who has a vested interest in dealing with wildland fire in the future
How Can You Help?
- We invite you to submit an oral or poster paper. If you are unsure about the appropriateness of the subject or if you have a concept or idea related to the conference theme that you wish to put forward, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Pass this announcement on to others who you think might be interested in attending the conference.
- Contact the IAWF Business Office to be a conference co-sponsor.
3rd Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference ~ October 25-29, 2010 ~ Red Lion Hotel at the Park ~ Spokane, Washington USA