4th Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference
At the Crossroads: Looking Toward the Future in a Changing Environment
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
February 18 -22, 2013
St. Petersburg, Russia
July 1 - 4, 2013
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
The conference will be held at the AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg which is located in one of the most beautiful areas of St. Petersburg. The hotel is situated close to the heart of the city with all its attractions within easy reach. The hotel is located just 10 minutes driving distance from Baltic railway station and in 30 minutes from airport Pulkovo-1.
For conference participants we have a special rates in the Azimut Hotel. Breakfast is included in this rate.
Standard Single $87 (2 700RUR)
Standard Twin/Double $103 (3 200RUR)
Superior Single $128 (3 980RUR)
Superior Twin/Double $136 (4 200RUR)
To make your reservation, email your First and Last Name, room type requested and the dates of your stay to email@example.com or call on tel. +7 (812) 740 26 33 and mention the keyword "wildfire" for special rates. In the subject of e-mail you should print: “The unit of rooms № 892888 (for the OOO Poliplast Egineering)”.
WHEN YOU WISH TO VISIT RUSSIA!
All foreign citizens who want to visit the Russian Federation, are required a visa. This is obtainable by submitting an application to the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Russian Federation, or the Russian Consulate General.
A visa is issued by virtue of a invitation registered by a organization through the Passport and Visa Department. To enter the Russian Federation, you must have a current valid visa. Please bear in mind that the LOI (letter of invitation) and the visa are two different things. You must first apply for a LOI, then you must send in that LOI when you apply for a visa.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS TO ENTER THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION FOR BUSINESS TRIP
- Passport (must be valid 6 months beyond intended stay)
- Tickets and Documents for return or onward travel
- Vaccinations - None Required
You can request a LOI from the conference hotel AZIMUT free of charge.
- You must make at least one night payment - see above for details about making your reservation.
- After that, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the confirmation of payment, duration of staying and copy of the passport page with photo.
- In the subject of e-mail you should print: “The unit of rooms № 892888 (for the OOO POLIPLAST EGINEERING)”.
- The hotel will send to you the LOI within three days.
Also you have a possibility to receive a LOI from the Organizing Committee.
- To apply for a visa, the Organizing Committee needs to fill in a special Application Form and provide the documents to the Passport and Visa Department. In turn, the Passport and Visa Department issues an official invitation to Russia to a foreign citizen (LOI).
- The LOI free only for USA and EU (except Denmark, UK, North Ireland, Ireland, Iceland and Norway.)
- All other countries there is a $20 charge (which you may pay through your conference registration).
- Then, the Organizing Committee will send the official invitation by fax, email, and if necessary by express mail.
- Therefore, we ask you to begin to apply for a visa at least 2 months prior to the conference.
- If you wish to obtain a LOI at the Organizing Committee, please fill in our Application Form.
Russian Visa Application Form is here!
Using your credit card outside the USAYou may want to update your credit card before traveling to Russia to ensure it has the EMV chip embedded. We have heard that some people have had difficulty using their credit cards outside of the USA. Anyone can request a new card be issued with the EMV chip. Click here for more information.
After you arrive to Russia
You must bring the visa with you when you fly to Russia and present it at the immigration counter at the airport (they stamp it).
Important: All foreigners are given immigration cards upon their arrival to Russia.
The card - actually a narrow slip of paper divided into two identical parts - contains personal details such as name, date of birth, passport number and citizenship and the planned length and purpose of the foreigner's stay in Russia. Both halves are filled out at the point of entry into Russia. Part A is handed in on entry and part B on departure. Part A of the migration card will be taken by passport control upon arrival, and part B will be taken when leaving the country. Part B should have a visa registration stamp.
The cards will be used to form a national database of how many foreigners are in the country.
Within three days of your arrival in Russia, you need to register your visa. This registration is normally done at most hotels. In the AZIMUT Hotel is will cost about $5.
Russian law requires that you register your visa within 3 working days of your arrival in Russia.
This is important, and fines are levied by policemen conducting a document check, travel tickets can be hard to purchase within Russia; and the worst of all, having problems at passport control when leaving the country are the major pitfalls of non-registration.