4th Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference
At the Crossroads: Looking Toward the Future in a Changing Environment
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
February 18 -22, 2013
St. Petersburg, Russia
July 1 - 4, 2013
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS (Raleigh, North Carolina)
The majority of the Workshops will take place on Monday, February 18, 2013, the day preceding the 4th Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners in wildland fire to discuss and exchange interests on a defined topic. We view these workshops as an opportunity for Technology Transfer; the process to ensure that scientific and technological developments are accessible to a wider range of users who can then further develop and exploit them.
There will be a nominal registration fee for participants; this fee will cover the cost of the meeting rooms, refreshments and audio visual equipment.
Proposals should contain the following information:
- The title of the workshop
- The name of the sponsoring organization (if applicable)
- The names, affiliations and email addresses of the workshop instructors
- A short bio (100 words) of the workshop instructors, including a description of their qualifications relative to the topic area
- The proposed length of the workshop (e.g. 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, etc)
- A brief, one paragraph description of the workshop
- A statement of the workshop's objective/goals
- The maximum number of participants (if any). Workshops with less than the minimum may be cancelled at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- Any special facility needs (e.g. LCD Projector, computer lab, etc)
Note: Emphasis will be on, but not limited to, southern fuels and fire behavior
- Will southern fire and fuels be incorporated in the workshop, if so, how?
The evaluation criteria include overall quality and the fit with respect to the Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference program.
Submit your proposal by email to Mikel Robinson at email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2012.
Notifications of accepted workshop will be announced by September 14, 2012.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance. By email or by calling (406) 531-8264 or (888) 440-4293.